top of page
  • Writer's pictureCharles Prescott

Should I hire a professional to do my tax return?

The Prescott Law Firm is a full service tax advocacy center- we can help you with planning for future tax obligations, Preparing complex returns for Non-profits, small and medium business, individuals with complex asset structures or income structures, high net worth taxpayers, and other people with unique or complex tax situations. Most people won't ever need a firm like this. However, some peoples needs are more complex. If your needs go beyond a basic return with a couple jobs, kids, and maybe a house. It won't hurt to talk to us.

However, most taxpayers can safely prepare their own return - their tax like just isn't that complicated. For those taxpayers I generally will say that at home preparation will be sufficient. There are a number of home tax prep venders that make an adequate or great product. Intuit is very thorough but overly pricey. Taxslayer exists. But I think the smart play is go for affordable and decent. Is $25 per return and doesn't charge for state returns. Thats about as good of a deal as you are going to get. Full disclosure- They pay me like $5 for any referrals I make. But that would be true of any product on the the web.

28 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

The Who, What, When, and How of the Form 1040.

If you are an individual you are likely to be required to file an annual income tax return. Most people who earn income must file a federal income tax return. You need to file a tax return if any of t

Understanding Your CP-501 Notice

Understanding Your CP-501 Notice What is this notice about? It explains that you have a balance due (money you owe the IRS) on one of your tax accounts. This may be a personal or business account that


Post: Blog2_Post
bottom of page